When a birthday is just around the corner, most people visit their local card shop or supermarket to choose a generic birthday card ‘off the rack’. But card shopping is not always an easy or enjoyable experience. We’re all familiar with the struggle of circling the stands, being unable to find a suitable card for that special friend or family member.
Fortunately, there is an answer. Thanks to the miracle of the internet, you can now order personalised birthday cards online. Not only can you customise the card with a message or poem of your choice, but you can also upload your own photograph or artwork to the front. The search for the perfect birthday card is over!
This guide will talk you through the details of ordering custom birthday cards online. We’ll discuss everything from your personalisation options, to how much it will cost, and how soon the cards will arrive.
Why Order Custom Birthday Cards?
There are many reasons why ordering personalised birthday cards online is a fantastic choice. Whether you’re looking for a card for a friend, relative, colleague or spouse, designing your own birthday card with 123Print is always a better choice than visiting the card shop.
• Create a unique design. By designing your own birthday card, you’ll create an exclusive and irreplaceable card that nobody will ever be able to find in the shops.
• Add that personal touch. A customised card, with your own message or photo, is so much more special than a generic one.
• Edit a template, or start from scratch. Begin with a completely blank slate, or if you need inspiration, start with a pre-designed card and alter it to your liking.
• Always have plenty of birthday cards on hand. You can order up to 1000 cards at once, so that you’ll always have a birthday card on hand for when you need one. And the more you order, the more you’ll save!
• Save a design for future use. Don’t want to order any more cards just yet? Simply save your design and come back to it when you need it.
• Celebrate every age. Why is it that you can only find ‘milestone’ birthday cards in the shops? What if you want to celebrate someone’s 24th birthday, for example? Designing your own card will let you do just that.
• Avoid having to visit the shops. Order cards from home, and avoid the hustle-and-bustle of shopping in public.
We print all of our personalised birthday cards professionally here in Britain, on high quality cardstock. And of course, they come with envelopes!
What Are My Personalisation Options?
You’ll be pleased to discover how easy it is to design your own custom birthday cards. With 123Print’s simple to use personalisation tool, you can get started straight away. There are many different ways in which you can design and personalise your cards.
The quickest and easiest way to create a custom card is by editing one of our free templates. Choose from one of our many professional designs, and add your own message to the interior.
Upon first opening the template-editing tool, you’ll see a message on the inside of the card – such as “Hope you have a terrific birthday”. This is just a suggestion! You are free to edit this to say whatever you’d like, whether it’s a poem, a joke, or a message of love. You can add your recipient’s name or your own name at the bottom, or leave it blank and sign it by hand.
Our clever templates also allow you to add text to the outside of the card (above, underneath or on top of the pre-existing artwork).
Create Your Own Design
Not satisfied with any of our templates, or simply want to create your own design from scratch? No worries. Simply click on our blank template to create your own card from start to finish.
This handy tool allows you to upload a logo or artwork to the front of the card, as well as adding text (to the front, inside, or both). You’re free to design your own artwork or choose any other image you’d like and upload it from your computer, Facebook, or Instagram account. Whatever image you choose, just make sure you have the rights to use the picture before you turn it into a card.
This also means that you can upload a photo – such as a shot of you and your friend celebrating a previous birthday! You could also take a photo of your signature and upload it to the card, if you can’t (or don’t want to) sign it by hand.
For a small additional fee, we also offer a premium artwork service for our custom birthday cards. If you already have print-ready files, use this service to have them checked by our typesetter before your order goes to print. One of our professional team will look over your files to make sure that everything looks great before we print it out.
You can also use this service to specify any additional instructions for your order. For example, you can specify that you’d like a satin finish rather than a gloss finish.
How Much Do Custom Birthday Cards Cost?
The best thing about 123Print’s personalised birthday card service is the extremely competitive price. Our customisable greetings cards start at just £9.95 for a pack of 10 cards. That’s already cheaper than generic cards – and if you want to order even more, you’ll save even more.
Personalised Birthday Cards Price Breakdown
You can order anywhere between 10 and 1,000 birthday cards at once. The more you order, the cheaper each card is individually. The price breakdown is as follows (prices per card are rounded to the nearest penny):
• 10 cards for £9.95 (99p per card)
• 20 for £17.95 (90p per card)
• 30 for £22.95 (77p per card)
• 40 for £28.95 (72p per card)
• 50 for £34.95 (70p per card)
• 100 for £59.95 (60p per card)
• 150 for £84.98 (57p per card)
• 200 for £107.95 (54p per card)
• 250 for £129.95 (52p per card)
• 350 for £171.95 (49p per card)
• 500 for £239.95 (48p per card)
• 1000 for £459.95 (46p per card)
So, for as little as 46p per card, you can design your own birthday cards from scratch, or edit one of our pre-existing templates. You can write your own message, upload your own picture to the front, or both. Our artwork service, which allows you to upload print-ready files and specify your preferred finish, starts at £39.95 for 10 cards.
What Is the Quality Like?
Here at 123Print, we pride ourselves on offering the best quality personalised cards that you’ll find anywhere. We print our British-made cards on supreme quality cardstock with a super smooth gloss finish.
We’re so sure that you’ll love the quality of our cards that we offer a 100% satisfaction guarantee! If you’re not happy for whatever reason, you can send your order back to us for an exchange or a full refund.
Still not sure? Click here to order a free sample pack, to see our printing for yourself before you place your order.
How Soon Will My Personalised Cards Arrive?
Once you’ve designed your perfect custom birthday cards, all that’s left to do is to place your order. Luckily, you won’t have long to wait before you’re holding your professionally printed, personalised birthday cards in your hands!
If you place your order before 17:00 GMT, we’ll aim to print and despatch your order the very next business day (Monday – Friday). If you order after this time, we’ll strive to post your cards to you within 2 working days.
We offer 3 shipping speeds:
• Basic: your order will be with you within 7 business days. If you place an order for 100 cards or more, our basic shipping is completely free!
• Urgent: receive your cards in 3 business days
• Express: have your cards in your hands in 2 business days or less
Once your order has been placed, you’ll be able to track your delivery every step of the way, by heading to ‘My Orders’.
When you’re ready, head over to our easy-to-use personalisation tool and place your order today. With a stack of custom cards on hand, you’ll never need to dash out for a last-minute birthday card again!